Monday 29 June 2009

Layering it up!

I experimented the other day...

with layering up necklaces. My big big sister was taking me to a gig at our local bar/music venue (which I looooove). I kinda wanted to go for a layered look, and just well, went for it. It happened in a few phases, between which I was being my very indecisive and not so confidant self...

1. So this is what I started with. I kept it mostly pink (not a hard thing to do for me really...) with a few other colours splashed in. It looked ok, but I thought it needed a bit of something extra...


2. So phase two! I went a little bit crazy, added a bit of purple and some shorter necklaces. Stuck with this for like five minutes, then decided I should maybe tone it down a little...


3. Phase three, took out everything I added in phase two, except the purple.

4. And... then I chickened out. I dunno, I think it all came down to a lack of confidence in the end.

I'm kinda glad I decided against the layered look in the end, I was sooooo warm and the gig and having a load of necklaces on would have just made it worse, and I would have spent all night trying to keep them all in perfect place! But I can't decide whether layering is something I'll try again, I think confidence issues will always kick in at the last minute (it happens to me quite a lot). I guess this is as far as I'll ever take it:

Lilly xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me!! I LOVE the Heidi Seeker Necklace - I have one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it made me laugh when you said you chickened out! Oh well! I prefer that one on it's own anyway!

    nicola xx

    nicolaticolaponders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete